Water Tanks Gold Coast
Servicing the Gold Coast, Tweed Heads and Surrounding Areas
Select Water Tanks provide Rainwater Tanks in the Gold Coast, Tweed Heads and surrounding Murwillumbah areas. All our Water Tanks are made and delivered directly from our Brisbane factory. These include Stainless Steel Rainwater Tanks, Colorbond Water Tanks of all sizes and dimensions combined with industry-leading suppliers of accessories and fittings, including Rainwater Tank Pumps & Filtration Systems.
We manufacture every Water Tank to order, ranging from 500 – 29,800 litres in Slimline, Round, Jumbo, and Under-deck styles. Whatever your requirement we can deliver a water tank to suit your needs. Checkout our wide range of custom sizes we have available.
Select Water tanks have been supplying premium Stainless Steel & Colorbond Rainwater Tanks to residential and commercial businesses in the Gold Coast and surrounding areas since we started out in 2006.
The steel water tanks we make are longer lasting, better looking, healthier, and can be custom made in terms of shape and size. They can be made from either grade 304, marine grade 316 stainless steel or colorbond.
As we are based nearby by in Logan Village most of our Gold Coast based customers are within our 0-50 Km delivery area. The delivery charge for this area is just $150 and $180 for over-sized delivery.
The Gold Coast is a coastal city, known one as the largest non-capital city in Australia and is famous for its sunny subtropical climate. Although the area is abundant with water, the majority is not fresh cleaning drinking water.
The good news is Gold Coast is a city with significant rainfall!
- A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: January, February, March and December.
- On average, February and March are wettest months.
- On average, July and August are the driest months.
- The average amount of annual precipitation is: 1555mm
Harvesting rainwater via a water tank can provide you with all the clean drinking water you need. You can also pump clean water around your home via our Whole of House Water filtration System.
Gold Coast Annual Average Rainfall
10 Interesting Facts About Gold Coast and the Surrounding Area
These are just a few of the fascinating aspects that make the Gold Coast a remarkable destination for visitors and a cherished place for locals to call home.
- Surfer’s Paradise: The Gold Coast is renowned for its beautiful beaches, particularly Surfer’s Paradise, which attracts surfers and beach lovers from around the world.
- Theme Park Capital: The Gold Coast is home to several world-class theme parks, including Dreamworld, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, and Wet’n’Wild. These parks offer thrilling rides, shows, and entertainment for visitors of all ages.
- Skyscraper Skyline: The Gold Coast boasts a stunning skyline dominated by high-rise buildings, giving it a modern and vibrant urban feel.
- Hinterland Beauty: Beyond the coastline, the Gold Coast is blessed with picturesque hinterland areas, such as the Lamington National Park and Tamborine Mountain, offering stunning rainforests, waterfalls, and hiking trails.
- Sports Hub: The city is a major sports destination, hosting major events such as the Gold Coast 600 Supercars Championship and the Gold Coast Marathon. It is also home to professional sports teams, including the Gold Coast Suns AFL team.
- Beaches Galore: The Gold Coast is famous for its 70 kilometers of pristine coastline, featuring golden sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, providing endless opportunities for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing.
- Surfers Paradise Festival: The annual Surfers Paradise Festival celebrates the Gold Coast’s vibrant culture, featuring live music, arts, food, and entertainment, attracting locals and tourists alike.
- Commonwealth Games Host: The Gold Coast hosted the XXI Commonwealth Games in 2018, showcasing its world-class facilities and welcoming athletes from various Commonwealth nations.
- Wildlife Encounters: The Gold Coast offers unique opportunities to interact with wildlife. Visitors can enjoy close encounters with koalas, kangaroos, and other native Australian animals at attractions like Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Shopping and Dining Delights: The Gold Coast is a shopper’s paradise, with a plethora of shopping centers and boutique stores offering a diverse range of fashion, accessories, and souvenirs. The city is also known for its vibrant dining scene, offering a wide array of cuisines and waterfront dining options.
Why should I install a water tank for my Gold Coast Home?
Installing a water tank for your Gold Coast home offers numerous benefits, including water conservation, cost savings, environmental sustainability, and increased self-sufficiency. It’s a worthwhile investment that positively impacts both your household and the broader community.
What size water tank do I need for my property in Gold Coast?
The size of the water tank you need for your property in Gold Coast depends on several factors, including:
- Roof Area: The size of your roof determines the amount of rainwater you can collect. The larger the roof area, the more rainwater you can capture. Consider the surface area of your roof when calculating the size of the water tank.
- Rainfall Patterns: The average annual rainfall in Gold Coast is an important consideration. Areas with higher rainfall may require smaller water tanks compared to regions with lower rainfall.
- Water Usage: Assess your water usage needs. Consider the purposes for which you intend to use the stored water, such as irrigation, toilet flushing, laundry, or drinking. Calculate the amount of water required for these activities to estimate your tank size.
- Property Size: The size of your property plays a role in determining the tank size. Larger properties may require larger tanks to adequately meet the water demand.
- Local Regulations: Check with your local council or relevant authorities for any regulations or guidelines regarding the size of water tanks allowed on your property. Compliance with local regulations is essential.
For more information visit out page: What Size Water Tank Do I Need?
Are there any government incentives or rebates available for installing a water tank in Gold Coast
Yes, there may be government incentives or rebates available for installing a water tank in Gold Coast. It is advisable to check with local government authorities, such as the Gold Coast City Council or the Queensland government, to inquire about any current programs or initiatives.
These incentives can vary over time and may include rainwater harvesting rebates or water conservation programs aimed at encouraging the installation of water tanks. Additionally, some water tank suppliers may also provide information about available rebates or assist you in navigating the application process.
What type of water tank is suitable for the Gold Coast climate?
Gold Coast climate is characterized by hot, humid summers and mild winters, with a considerable amount of rainfall throughout the year. As such, the best type of water tank for Gold Coast climate is a stainless steel tank. As they are longer lasting and more hygienic – find out more about our stainless steel water tanks
Do I need a permit to install a water tank in Gold Coast?
Can I use my water tank during water restrictions in gold coast?
In some cases, water tanks may be exempt from certain restrictions or have specific allowances for their use. For example, using stored rainwater from a water tank for non-potable purposes like gardening or washing cars may be permitted even during water restrictions. However, it’s essential to consult with the Gold Coast City Council or relevant water management authorities to understand the specific rules and regulations regarding water tank usage during water restrictions.
These regulations can vary based on factors such as the severity of the water shortage, the specific water management plan in place, and any exemptions or allowances granted for water tank usage. By contacting the local authorities or visiting their official website, you can obtain accurate and up-to-date information regarding the use of water tanks during water restrictions in Gold Coast.